My daughter is obsessed with Toy Story and I knew that for her second birthday, it would be the perfect party for her. We did not have friends at her Toy Story Birthday Party, but a fun family party instead. It was just what our little one loved. We still wanted it to be a fun party though with lots of fun little details. I have put together lots of fun ideas below that would be perfect for a friend party or for kids that are older as well. Here is how to throw a toy story birthday party
(This post may include some affiliate links. Should you click an affiliate link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission that helps run this blog at no extra cost to you. Thank you!)
Tips on How to Throw a Toy Story Birthday Party
- Go all out. You do not have to spend a ton of money, but amazon has some great sets you can buy, or you can mix and match like I did to create a more custom look. I made a ton of stuff for this party with things I already had on had.
- Make a giant marquee number for your little one. It is super easy and I love how cute it makes a space (tutorial here)
- Create Activities that match the theme.
- Create custom water bottle labels (I promise it is super easy- here is a tutorial)
- Make a cake topper if you are serving cake, or mini toppers for cupcakes
- Have a Focal Point. This can be a backdrop like pictured above, or a food table, or the table the kids will eat at, but I love having something that is big and fun and really sets the theme/ tone for a young wild and three birthday party.
Do you love learning how to throw a Toy Story birthday party? You may like learning How to Throw a Toddler Birthday Party
Toy Story Birthday Party Supplies
This table set has so many things you need for a Toy Story birthday party Linked Here
These plates, cups, and napkins are adorable Linked Here
Cute Cups Linked Here
This whole set up comes with everything and serves 10 Linked Here
Activities for a Toy Story Party
- Pin The Tail on Bullseye Linked Here
- Bean Bag Toss- Make one or Buy one
- Tattoo Station- We love temporary tattoos and think they are so much fun for an easy kid’s birthday activity. These sets are super cute
- a piñata- fill it with small toys instead of candy if you don’t want to more sweets (I used this pack from
- a bounce house ( I just made sure they knew to take off their shoes to jump). If you are local to Northern Utah, my sister and I rent out all kinds of bounce houses
What to Serve at Your Toy Story Birthday Party
You can serve anything you want, but for my age group, I served Pizza, Pasta Salad, Green Salad, and Cake. Our food options were well received and it was minimal mess. There really are endless possibilities for what you can serve, but my advice is to keep it simple, and aim to please your audience.
In past family parties I have catered from my favorite local pizza place with salad, Ham and Swiss sliders with salads and pasta salads, and of course lots of treats.
You May Like>>> Disneyland Themed Birthday Party
Toy Story Birthday Party Decor
I love setting a cute table for a birthday party. It makes for a great backdrop, as well as helps set the tone for the theme. Grab two different size/ shapes of plates to layer them, as well as grab cups and straws in different colors to mix and match. I also set a party hat out at each space too.
A Balloon Garland is always a must and this is the one we used –Linked Here
Cake Toppers Linked Here
Shaped Balloons Linked Here
Two Infinity Cake Topper Linked Here
4 Cupcake Toppers Linked Here
Figurine Cake Toppers Linked Here
Cute Balloons Linked Here
Toy Story Party Favor Ideas
Goodie bags are definitely not a must do and you can skip them, but they are so fun to put together and I love that the kids have something to remember the birthday with. Here are some fun choices for party favors for a Toy Story Party
Did you like this post on how to throw a Toy Story party? Save this post for later!
More fun parties we have thrown
>>> Disneyland Party